Automotive Aluminium Technologies
High precision machining of automotive components
Electric Car and Truck component machining requires:
- High speed machining to increase through-put
- High part finish quality to increase productivity
- Intricate parts such as front bumpers are best machined via advanced aluminium extrusion
- Larger parts such as battery trays or beams can be machined more efficiently with single load high precision machining centres
Advanced Solutions for Automotive extrusions:
MODIG Machine Tool Sweden specialise in advanced high precision solutions for electric car components such as front bumpers and battery pack floor pan structures.
MODIG's Horizontal High Velocity machining centre, HHV delivers high productivity with extraordinary precision and repeatability.
Shortened production times for EV aluminium components lead to lower manufacturing costs.
HHV’s enviable uptime, low maintenance, reasonable fixture and tooling cost leads to increased margins for electric car manufacturers.
- Small footprint universal machining center
- Accommodates aluminum and carbon fiber parts up to 60 feet long with across section of 10x6 inches
- Revolutionary patented rotary chuck design making it possible to control the reference jaw by using the CNC system
- Automatic 20 bar In-Feed and finished part work holder carousel for “lights out” working
- Reduces cycle time by 40-60% compared to other machines
ALUMINIUM AUTOMOTIVE COMPONENT CASE STUDY:
MODIG HHV is the machining centre of choice for machining complex aluminium extrusion components for the Electric Vehicle market.
Electric vehicle Battery Tray Components have been machined on Modig HHV2 in 4 minutes generating 67 % Time Saving [Compared to 12 minutes on competitor machine]
Click here for further details on Modig Horizontal High Velocity machining centres, the HHV2 and HHV3.
ALUMINIUM AUTOMOTIVE COMPONENT SUCCESS STORIES:
In 2020 Gil-Mar Manufacturing purchased their first MODIG HHV machining centre for high precision electric vehicle components production.
MODIG proved a successful business case for Gil-Mar through in-depth research and time studies, demonstrating:
- HHV increases productivity and delivers substantial cost-effectiveness for manufacturing EV components
- Modig offers a flexible solution for machining complex aluminum extrusions with outstanding customer service
Our Automotive EV blog has more details on why Gil-Mar chose MODIG as the solution for their cutting edge electric vehicle component production.
MODIG takes companies to the next level in efficiency which provides them with a strong competitive advantage. The automotive EV market is a testament to an industry that has truly discovered next level MODIG machining solutions.
Keith Lopez, President North America, Modig Machine Tool Inc.
Advanced Solutions for Large aluminium parts:
Large aluminium parts require a specialised machining centre to ensure high precision, high productivity machining.
MODIG Machine Tool have designed a new horizontal machining centre, the EVM2 specifically for machining battery trays and frames of electric vehicles.
EVM-2 single set-up, twin-spindle machine substantially reduces traditional cycle times, increases efficiency, minimizes production cost, and achieves maximum productivity.
Always innovating, MODIG have also launched a new generation 5-axes horizontal extrusion machine for larger, heavier extrusion parts and components.
The XM-Line new from MODIG is fully automated with infeed/outfeed and only one operator is needed to run up to five machines.
For UK or EIRE enquiries relating to high precision and high productivity automotive aluminium component machining please contact MikeB@M-TechUK.com
Automotive aluminium extrusion is evolving fast thanks to learnings applied from aluminium technologies for the aerospace industry, click here for more details.