Automotive Aluminium Technologies
High precision extrusion machining of automotive components
Electric Car and Truck component machining requires:
- High speed machining to increase through-put
- High part finish quality to increase productivity
Advanced Solutions for Automotive extrusions:
MODIG Machine Tool Sweden specialise in advanced high precision solutions for electric car components such as front bumpers and battery pack floor pan structures.
HHV delivers high productivity with extraordinary precision and repeatability.
Shortened production times lead to lower manufacturing costs. HHV’s enviable uptime, low maintenance, reasonable fixture and tooling cost leads to increased margins for electric car manufacturers.
- Small footprint universal machining center
- Accommodates aluminum and carbon fiber parts up to 60 feet long with across section of 10x6 inches
- Revolutionary patented rotary chuck design making it possible to control the reference jaw by using the CNC system
- Automatic 20 bar In-Feed and finished part work holder carousel for “lights out” working
- Reduces cycle time by 40-60% compared to other machines
ALUMINIUM AUTOMOTIVE COMPONENT CASE STUDY:
Battery Tray Component machined on Modig HHV2 in 4 minutes
67 % Time Saving [Compared to 12 minutes on competitor machine]
Click here for further details on Modig Horizontal High Velocity machining centres, the HHV2 and HHV3.
Click here for further details on advanced aluminium technologies for the aerospace industry.
For UK or EIRE enquiries relating to high precision and high productivity automotive aluminium extrusion machining please contact MikeB@aeromachinery.com